On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love sent to me
Five NL stars;
Four comeback runs
Three grand slams
Two (thousand) debuts
And a gold glove worn by Yadi.
- Yadier Molina won his fifth gold glove in 2012. The Cardinals have now won 11 such awards at catcher: Molina (5), Mike Matheny (3), and Tom Pagnozzi (3).
- On July 16, the Cardinals called up Trevor Rosenthal for the first time to the major leagues. When he made his debut in the eighth inning on July 18, he became the 2,000th player in Cardinals’ history. No other franchise in baseball has reached 2,000.
- The Cardinals hit three grand slams in 2012: Carlos Beltran, Yadier Molina and David Freese.
- Facing elimination, the Cardinals entered the ninth inning of Game 5 of the NLDS trailing the Nationals by two runs. With a win expectancy of 3.5%, the Cardinals rallied to score four runs to stun Washington and advance to the league championship series.
- The Cardinals sent five players to the All-Star Game to represent the winning National League squad: