On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me
Six stars a-shining
Five Waino years;
Four walkoff wins
Three ‘lowed runs
Two golden gloves
And a base hit to a Rockie.
- Shelby Miller allowed a leadoff hit, then retired the final 27 Colorado Rockies in order, including 13 strikeouts, for a one-hitter on May 10.
- Adam Wainwright won his second and Yadier Molina his sixth Gold Glove in 2013.
- The Cardinals allowed 3.68 runs per game in 2013, their lowest since 1985, helping them to the biggest run differential in the league.
- The Cardinals won four regular-season games on the final play (and two in the playoffs):
NLCS Game 1
World Series Game 3
- The Cardinals and Adam Wainwright agreed to a five-year, $97.5-million contract extension on March 28, the largest deal for a pitcher in franchise history.
- Six Cardinals represented the National League as All-Stars: Elected starters Carlos Beltran and Molina, and manager selections Adam Wainwright, Matt Carpenter, Allen Craig and Edward Mujica (replacement for Wainwright).